The OpenXPKI Project
The OpenXPKI project has the vision to publish a software stack
that provides all necessary components to manage keys and certificates
primarily based on the X509v3 cryptography standard.
As of Summer 2015 the core and new WebUI are quite stable and we are
doing some final polishing. We plan to release the one dot zero
on the 10th anniversary of the project on October 20th. We will have a
free workshop and release party,
see this post for details.
There are already several installations used in production and we encourage
everybody to give it a try and provide feedback.
- WebUI compatible with all major browsers
- Ready-to-run example config included
- Support for SCEP (Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol)
- Easy adjustment of workflows to personal needs
- Run multiple seperate CAs with a single installation, automated rollover of CA generations
- Can use Hardware Security Modules (e. g. Thales HSMs) for crypto operations
- Issue certificates with public trusted CAs (e. g. SwissSign, Comodo, VeriSign)
- Based on OpenSSL and Perl, runs on most *nix platforms
- 100% Open Source, commercial support available