we are happy to invite you to our first OpenXPKI User Group Meeting on May 5th/6th taking place in a very nice venue close to the city center of Frankfurt/Main (subway station “Westend”).
Title: User Group Meeting / Technical Workshop Topics: Basic OpenXPKI features, PKI tips and Use Cases When: May 5th / May 6th 2020 Where: Frankfurt/Main, Germany (near subway station Westend, R.S.V.P. for location details)
Tuesday, May 5th - User Group Meeting
The User Group Meeting (May 5th) is hosted by White Rabbit Security and attendance is free of charge. As seats are limited an informal registration is required by email to email@example.com. We would appreciate if you add a line or two on your experience and expectations.
09:00 - Coffee bar opens
- informal get together, with coffee, tea and snacks
10:00 - Opening / Keynote
- Some basic information about the organization of the day
10:30 - OpenXPKI Boilerplate
- A live walk-through of a “common company PKI” based on the OpenXPKI default configuration
12:00 - Lunch
- light lunch with sandwiches and lots of time to share experiences
13:00 - OpenXPKI Real World Use Cases
- Users presenting their projects with time to ask questions, discuss solutions and talk to others
- We are still looking for users willing to present (details below)
17:00 - Wrap Up
- Roadmap, Outlook and Discussion where the project should head to
- Community vs. Enterprise Edition
- Training, Consulting, Support Options provided by White Rabbit Security
17:30 - Get-Together (open end)
- informal get together - details t.b.a.
Wednesday, May 6th - Technical Workshop
For those being interested in a “hands on” experience, we offer a technical workshop on May 6th. We will charge an attendance fee of 450 Euros (excl. VAT) per seat, food and drinks are included. Registration is required by April 17th EOB at the latest. Users presenting their project on May 5th will get a free seat for the workshop!
08:30 - Coffee bar opens
09:00 - Session I
- Setup and run OpenXPKI
- Logging and Debug Options
- OpenXPKI Basic Config
10:30 - Session II
- Certificate Profiles
- CRL Publication
- Endpoint Configuration (SCEP, EST, RPC)
12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - Session III
- Understanding the OpenXPKI workflow model
- Hello World - write your first workflow
14:30 - Wrap Up
15:00 - Workshop ends
Presenting Your Project
We are still looking for projects to be presented - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Each talk should be about 25 to 30 minutes, explaining the overall requirement and how it was solved using OpenXPKI. We will plan another 15 minutes per talk to allow questions so there is also room to explain or discussions some details in depth with the audience.
The Workshop will be mainly “Hands On” so you need to bring a laptop. We will provide VirtualBox images so all you need is a VirtualBox player. If you prefer to run your own environment we will also provide the necessary files to work on top of a community installation.